Bloomberg Convenes Leading Authorities on Cybersecurity
Features Howard A. Schmidt, Special Assistant to the President and Cybersecurity Coordinator at the White House; Teresa M. Takai, CIO at the U.S. Department of Defense; and John M. (Mike) McConnell, Vice Chairman, Booz Allen Hamilton; Former Director of National Intelligence (DNI)
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- On April 19, 2012, the nation’s leading authorities on cybersecurity, senior information technology professionals and corporate chief security officers will examine the complex network of threats facing public and private enterprises at the Bloomberg Cybersecurity Conference, which will take place at the Bloomberg L.P. Headquarters.
As networks become more sophisticated and additional data moves into the cloud, information security is becoming an increasingly complicated challenge for enterprises and government agencies. With this in mind, speakers at the conference will debate new threats to enterprise data security and strategies for overcoming them, as well as explore how to maintain secure systems with the next wave of innovations.
In particular, speakers will discuss vulnerabilities in U.S. networks, whether security is a trade-off for privacy, costs associated with investing in protective measures and responding to data breaches, and recent legislation that has been introduced.
“With a spike last year in attacks on hundreds of websites, data breaches at major companies and the introduction of legislation in Congress, cybersecurity is more top of mind than ever,” said Robert Bierman, head of Bloomberg LINK. “We’re providing an opportunity for attendees to hear from key experts about how corporations can protect themselves from breaches and limit losses.”
Key speakers include:
- Edward G. Amoroso, Senior Vice President and Chief Security Officer, AT&T Services, Inc.
- Michael B. Benardo, Chief of the Cyber Fraud and Financial Crimes Section, Risk Management Supervision, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Richard Falkenrath, Principal, Chertoff Group; Former Deputy Commissioner for Counterterrorism, New York City Police Department
- H.E. Marina Kaljurand, Ambassador to the U.S., Republic of Estonia
- Colonel Cedric Leighton, Cyberwarfare, Counterterrorism and Foreign Affairs Analyst; Founder and CEO, Leighton Associates; Former Military Intelligence Officer, U.S. Air Force
- John M. (Mike) McConnell, Vice Chairman, Booz Allen Hamilton; Former Director of National Intelligence (DNI)
- Frank Montoya, National Counterintelligence Executive, Office of the DNI
- Marcus H. Sachs, Vice President, National Security Policy, Verizon Communications
- Howard A. Schmidt, Special Assistant to the President and Cybersecurity Coordinator at the White House
- Teresa M. Takai, Chief Information Officer, U.S. Department of Defense
Booz Allen Hamilton is the Knowledge Partner for the Conference.
For more information on the program and speakers, please visit: http://www.bloomberglink.com/cyber.
For more information on Bloomberg, please visit http://www.bloomberg.com/about.
About Bloomberg LINK
Bringing the power of Bloomberg to the executive conference business, Bloomberg LINK produces invitation-only, in-person gatherings that combine world-class editorial programming with peer-to-peer networking amongst the who’s who in influential communities. In this environment, participants engage in open discussions that lead to learning from each other’s expertise and experience. For more information, please visit www.bloomberglink.com.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company’s strength--delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately--is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 300,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg’s enterprise solutions build on the company’s core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government and Bloomberg New Energy Finance, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 13,000 people in 185 locations around the world.
Angela Martin, +1-415-617-7142
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York
INDUSTRY KEYWORDS: Technology Data Management Internet Telecommunications Security Public Policy/Government Law Enforcement/Emergency Services Public Policy White House/Federal Government Defense Other Defense