Malware escalation sets advanced threat protection market for jump to $1.3B by 2019
The rise in sophisticated malware is becoming a new revenue opportunity for advanced threat protection (ATP) vendors, reaching $194 million in the third quarter of 2015, up 53 percent, says IHS in a new report. According to the research firm, the ATP market is set to reach $1.3 billion in 2019, a 22 percent compound annual growth rate between the years 2014 to 2019.
A key contributor to the overall ATP market is global content security is content security and gateway appliances where revenue totaled $856 million in the third quarter of 2015, growing 2.3 percent sequentially. Similar to the second quarter, 65 percent of the third quarter content was from appliances and the remaining 35 percent was from software.
From a vendor perspective, Intel continued to hold the top market share in the content security gateway market, followed by Blue Coat which moved up into the second spot. Cisco took the third place. Release