TDS Telecom extends broadband to 600 more homes in Indiana
TDS Telecom (NYSE: TDS) continues to make progress with its broadband stimulus buildout drive, completing one project and nearly finishing another in Indiana that will bring service to a total of 600 homes and businesses that could not get service before now.
In Geneva, Ind., the first completed project will extend broadband service to nearly 200 homes. The service provider installed three new remote terminal (RT) cabinets throughout its Home Telephone Company exchange.
This project cost approximately $550,000. A RUS (Rural Utilities Service) grant covered about 75 percent of the cost, while TDS invested the remaining 25 percent.
In Tipton, Ind., it has partially completed a project that is providing service to some homes. Set to be completed by the end of the year, this network build will extend broadband services to about 400-area homes.
Similar to the Geneva, the telco installed about seven miles of fiber cabling and six RT cabinets in the Tipton Telephone Company, Inc. exchange.
These two projects follow another American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) stimulus-funded project it completed around Camden, Ind.
The telco has made ongoing progress with its broadband stimulus projects, having completed seven broadband projects since July. Outside of Indiana, it has expanded its broadband footprint in parts of New Hampshire, New York, Georgia, Wisconsin and Missouri.
- see the release
TDS Telecom wraps sixth broadband stimulus project in Georgia
TDS completes part of 900-home Minnesota broadband stimulus build
TDS Telecom completes 3 broadband stimulus projects to bring 1,100 households into service range
TDS progresses with broadband stimulus projects in Indiana, Wisconsin
TDS' broadband stimulus project in Port Byron, N.Y., to serve 250 homes