An investigation has been launched by the Michigan Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) into the death of an AT&T worker on Detroit's West side last Thursday.
Neither AT&T nor DTE Energy, which share the utility pole, would identify the worker other than to say he was in his 40s. After hearing what he described as "a loud boom," a co-worker said he saw the man "hanging motionless." The man was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at a local hospital.
Although a cause of death has not been officially determined, a DTE Energy spokesman said it's likely the man was electrocuted.
- The Detroit News has this article