Cisco has named Mark Garrett, former EVP and CFO of Adobe Systems, to its board as part of the vendor’s effort to fill the membership roster.
Garrett retired from his position this month. He also served as CFO of the Software Group of EMC Corporation and of Documentum.
Besides his new position at Cisco, which is effective immediately, Garrett is also on the board of directors of GoDaddy and Pure Storage.
By adding Garrett to the board, Cisco will now have a total of 12 members.
The 11 other members on Cisco’s board include:
- Carol Bartz, CEO of Yahoo.
- Former Mercer CEO Michele Burns.
- Michael Capellas, founder and CEO of Capellas Strategic Partners.
- Amy Chang, CEO of Accompany.
- John Hennessy, director of the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program and former president of Stanford University.
- Kristina Johnson, chancellor of the State University of New York.
- Roderick McGeary, former KPMG vice chairman.
- Charles Robbins, Cisco’s chairman and CEO.
- Arun Sarin, former Vodafone Group CEO.
- Brenton Saunders, Allergan CEO.
- and Steven West, Emerging Company Partners founder and partner.
Garrett comes to Cisco with over 30 years of financial and accounting experience in the technology industry.
"Mark has lived the critical transformation and transition to the cloud that technology companies require to continue growing and evolving," said Chuck Robbins, chairman and CEO of Cisco, in a release. I'm looking forward to his many contributions as we continue to make progress in our transition to drive more subscriptions and recurring revenue."