Verizon broadband customers will get special bonus features for viewing eight NFL games, including the ability to select from multiple camera angles.
Verizon and the NFL Network have cut an exclusive deal through which Verizon is the only broadband provider that gets to carry NFL Network games both on TV and online. The NFL Network Game Extra package is available to customers who subscribe to Verizon FiOS or high speed internet service with either FiOS TV or DIRECTV through Verizon.
In addition to multiple camera angles, NFL Network Game Extra includes online access to up-to-the-minute game statistics, drive chart simulations, on-demand video highlights, live chats with other NFL Network Game Extra viewers and live audio feeds. If you're curious, a preview of NFL Game extra is available at http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c3ead2.
Featured games include:
- Denver Broncos @ Cleveland Browns - Nov. 6
- New York Jets @ New England Patriots - Nov. 13
- Cincinnati Bengals @ Pittsburgh Steelers - Nov. 20
- Arizona Cardinals @ Philadelphia Eagles - Nov. 27
- Oakland Raiders @ San Diego Chargers - Dec. 4
- New Orleans Saints @ Chicago Bears - Dec. 8
- Indianapolis Colts @ Jacksonville Jaguars - Dec. 18
- Baltimore Ravens @ Dallas Cowboys - Dec. 20
Earlier this week, the NFL Network announced an exclusive deal to broadcast Thursday night games to Sprint cell phones. The content distribution deals with phone companies are, to an extent, a thumb-in-the-eye to the cable companies who refuse to carry the NFL Network on their basic tier of service offerings.
- Verizon release on NFL Network broadband deal
- Goodell says cable operators don't like NFL Network. NY Times article.
Sprint to air live NFL Network game telecasts - FierceMobileContent
NBC, Adobe launch NFL streaming video - FierceOnlineVideo