Nothing says customer focus like active verbs, or at least that appears to be the theory behind a new services branding campaign from U.S.-based backbone facilities-based provider XO Communications.
The new branding reflects the service provider's efforts to redefine the consumer experience around every customer touch point--from the time a customer considers XO and signs a service contract, through the installation process, and ongoing support and planning for growth.
The Herndon, Va.-based company's new branding also involves newly-defined groups of services, as follows:
- XO connect: Internet Connectivity and Intelligent Networks. These services include Dedicated Internet Access, Ethernet, MPLS IP-VPN, VPLS, Colocation, Private Line and Wavelengths.
- XO unify: Voice, Collaboration and Communications. These services include VoIP, SIP Trunking, Hosted PBX, Contact Center and Conferencing.
- XO compute: Cloud Computing, Hosting and IT Services. These services include Cloud Computing and Web Hosting.
- XO accelerate: Faster Application and Network Performance. These services include Application Performance Management, WAN Acceleration and Content Delivery Networks.
- XO secure: Network Security and Data Protection. These services include Premise-Based Network Security, Hosted Network Security and Data Backup.
In emphasizing action and the customer experience, the new branding effort falls in line with a broader telecom industry movement toward empowering customers through service flexibility and redefining carrier performance around customer satisfaction metrics.
"Customer experience management" has become the watch-phrase for this movement.
Many service providers have made strides over the years to de-emphasize technology jargon in their marketing messages, and eliminate acronyms from their service branding as they have tried to be less publicly-enamored of their own technology idioms.
XO Communications, a unit of XO Holdings Inc. (NYSE:XOXO), said it sought significant input from customers and employees that helped fuel the branding decisions, and also relied on other brand research.
The campaign also includes the new overall tagline, "Solutions you want. Support you need."
- see this press release
XO hired a new indirect sales maven last year
XO aligned with Sprint last year for a mobile offering