Hackers find 'critical' vulnerabilities in Huawei routers; Cisco completes NDS acquisition

Wireline news from across the web:

@FierceTelecom RT @Computerworld: Hackers reveal critical vulnerabilities in Huawei routers at Defcon. Article | Follow @FierceTelecom

> Cisco wrapped up its acquisition of NDS, a move that will expand its Videoscape video portfolio. Release

> Zayo was recognized on the 2012 Denver Business Journal Fastest Growing Private Companies list. Release

> Vera Networks unveiled vCapture, a cloud-based diagnostic tool that enables VoIP service providers and vendors to address call issues. Release

> The Australian government launched a telehealth program that it says will improve healthcare in the country's Northern Territory. Article

> Applied Global Technologies (AGT) announced that MCPc, a national technology products and solutions provider and Cisco Gold Partner, has joined its partner program. Release

> Broadcaster Modern Times Group is acquiring an 80 percent stake in Swedish open access service provider Zitius Service Delivery from Quadracom for an undisclosed amount, with an option to acquire the remaining 20% in 2016. Article

And finally … The emerging 802.11ac standard will be able to support wireless throughput rates of at least 1 Gbps. Article

Suggested Articles

Comcast stepped up to the plate in its hometown of Philadelphia by contributing $7 million to help provide free internet to low-income families.

Oracle announced its Oracle Cloud VMware Solution is now available across all of its public cloud regions, and in its Dedicated Region [email protected]

Cogent Communications could be adversely impacted by falling demand for commercial office space, which would mean less demand for corporate VPNs.