TDS wraps stimulus projects in Wisconsin, brings service to 800 customers

TDS Telecom is putting broadband service into the hands of another 850 residential and business customers by completing a stimulus project around Monroe, Browntown, South Wayne and Woodford, Wis.

The service provider's UTELCO subsidiary partially completed the project in mid-November. For this project, it installed 40 miles of fiber cable and 14 remote terminal (RT) cabinets to carry service to each customer location.

TDS said it projected the cost of this project to be nearly $3.8 million. The RUS grant covered 75 percent of the cost and TDS invested the remaining 25 percent (about $940,000) to expand broadband to more businesses and residents.

Being its home state, TDS Telecom has received funding for 11 projects in Wisconsin alone.

At the end of January, the service provider's Central State Telephone Company and Stockbridge & Sherwood Telephone Company subsidiaries completed two separate projects that would extend broadband services to a total of 1,750 residents.

Outside of Wisconsin, the service provider's Leslie County Telephone Company completed a project in Hyden, Ky., while its St. Albans Telephone Company finished part of another build out in Maine.

For more:
- see the release

Related articles:
TDS progresses with broadband stimulus projects in Kentucky, Maine
TDS extends 300 Mbps FTTH, IPTV to Andover, N.H.
TDS Telecom Q4 2013 jumps to $272M on increases in TV, managedIP service results
TDS wraps up its Colorado broadband stimulus project, brings service to 800 households
TDS extends broadband to rural customers in Idaho, Washington and Wisconsin