XO, Broadview, Megapath CEOs talk trends at Channel Partners; global companies plan for IPv6 transition

> Third-quarter earnings reports are looming, believe it or not: AT&T (NYSE: T) will release its results on Thursday, Oct. 21 by 8:00 a.m. ET, with a conference call scheduled for 10:00 a.m. News release.

> What do you do when you've got new trends popping up everywhere? Get a group of CEOs together to chat about it, of course. XO Communications (OTC BB: XOHO.OB) CEO Carl Grivner, Broadview President & CEO Michael Robinson, and Megapath President of Business Markets Bruce Chatterley all gave their opinions on trends from "cloud computing to wireless" during the keynote speech at the Fall 2010 Channel Partners show in Washington, D.C. Story.

> The Thailand subsidiary of NTT Communications (NYSE: NTT) will open up a branch office in Ayutthaya, Thailand on Sept. 30. Located about 70 km north of Bangkok, the area has been building an industrial base since the 1990s and hosts over 500 Japanese and other multinational companies, providing ample ICT opportunities for NTT. News release.

> Over-the-top video is no threat to traditional cable and satellite TV service, says Wells Fargo analyst Marci Ryvicker in an RBR article; rather, it will complement existing pay TV. She also lists six major obstacles to OTT in her report. Of course, there's no mention of whether rising rates and silly fees are driving subscribers to consider the unthinkable and cut the cord. Story.

> Tyco Electronics (NYSE: TEL) has extended the expiration of its tender offer to purchase all of ADC's (Nasdaq: ADCT) remaining shares, moving the date to close of business on Monday, Oct. 18. Tyco is looking to purchase some 92 percent of ADC's shares at $12.75 each, in cash. Tyco announced the ADC deal in July. News release.

> 2Wire is announcing a new intelligent residential gateway to support VDSL applications. The HomePortal 3801HGV gateway is a turnkey solution that supports FTTN and FTTP with an integrated advanced VDSL2 modem. News release.

And finally... The need to migrate to IPv6 is starting to reach the ears of many organizations, says a NetworkWorld report--84 percent surveyed worldwide in a recent research project are gearing up to do so--but the remaining 16 percent have few or no plans to migrate at all. Story.

Suggested Articles

Equinix is boosting enterprises' journeys to the hybrid cloud by offering a private cloud onramp with Amazon Web Services (AWS.)

According to a report by Crehan Research, three of the largest hyperscale cloud providers account for the bulk of white box data center Ethernet shipments.

It's a triple play of announcements on Tuesday for white box startup Arrcus, including a $30 million Series B round of funding.